INSIGHTS FROM CEO
We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during these challenging times. In the previous newsletter, we made you aware that all psychological services will occur virtually at this time due to the COVID-19 virus.
We want to provide you with tactical information regarding the telepsych process since your applicants’ and employees’ psychological evaluations and appointments will occur from their homes using the Zoom platform, which is very user-friendly. Depending on the appointment-type, you may choose to have your applicants and employees complete the clinical interviews virtually at your department if that’s best for you and the individual. Applicants and employees will continue to complete specific testing before their telepsych appointment, and assessments that require same-day administration will be managed virtually by the clinician or an FMRT staff member.
Before the appointment, the applicant or employee must:
- Have a computer with both audio and video capabilities. Unfortunately, cell phones or tablets cannot be used.
- Ensure you have a private and quiet space that will be free of interruptions.
- Test to ensure you have a strong Wi-Fi connection. A hard-wired Internet connection is best for quality.
- You may use headphones or earbuds to assist with privacy, but this is not required.
- Have access to a printer before or after evaluation.
Items needed during the evaluation:
- Blank piece(s) of paper
- Government-issued photo I.D.
There is no action needed on your part, other than contacting our delightful client services team members (Jenna@fmrt.org or Kaci@fmrt.org) to schedule your applicants or employees, as you normally would. Jenna or Kaci will create a virtual meeting link, and will email and follow-up with them by phone to ensure they are prepared for their appointment.
Please reach out to our team if you have questions or need further detail.
Elizabeth Morris, M.A.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Phone: 336-761-0764 ext. 1011